CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 66 -- It is Finished, part I


Now that there is an official end date to my unemployment I have begun making a project list of things I hope to finish before I go back to work. Some of them are very pragmatic – on-line traffic school, getting a hair cut (if you can believe it I have not got my hair cut since May of last year) and so forth. 

One project I have already blogged about

Day 29

remains a work in progress – cleaning out my enormous closet and my room in general.  I finished the clothes and shoe section right

after the new year in time for the clothing exchange my friends and I held.  And on a related note, I have broken my clothing fast something I have meant to blog about ever since – soon, I will get to that. 

Over the weekend, as I was sore and tired from skiing and generally felt like hanging around the house, I tackled the remaining parts of the room and closet project. 

I found journals dating back to 1991; I have neither the heart to throw them out or am in the head space to read them so I have decided to save them. 

I found souvenirs purchased from trips I took well over ten years ago most of which I have decided to throw out. 

I found things people leant me I thought I lost; I text one friend saying I finally found that item I borrowed three years ago, do you still want it back?  Yes, good it gives us an excuse to hang out. 

CD’s – now that I have an iPod, should I throw them out? 

I cleaned out my collection of books getting rid of books I never read (who was I trying to impress anyway keeping them on my shelves?) – two boxes worth and still counting. 

Course work from grad school. 

Paraphernalia from a job I held in 1998, why I had kept it so long is beyond me. 

A picture with a bunch of kids I used to work with one of whom died a few years ago. 

Cards and letters dating back to my freshman year of college.  CRAZY. 

My social security card

I am officially done with my room.  I polished off an entire roll of trash bags and not the kitchen kind but the industrial-sized blue ones that were incidentally contraband from my own job. 

Roll of trash bags = $10

Used book credit at Archives = $18

Cathartic value of completion of project = priceless






http://unemployedinpasadena.blogspot.com/2008/12/day-29-catharsis.html

0 comments: