CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 19—2008 Book Re-Cap

Inspired by Ryan’s book list, I would like to devote this blog to the books I have read in 2008.  Instead of providing a lengthy description of the book’s plot – I will just list the books I have read and my five star system.    

Jesus Land, Julia Scheeres (***)

The Tender Bar, J.R. Moehringer (*** ½ )

A Prayer for Owen Meany, John Irving (*****){In the top five of my favorite books of all time}

Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortenson (***)

Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert (**)

The Unaccustomed Earth, Jhumpa Lahiri (****½)

The Soloist, Steve Lopez (***½)

True Notebooks, Mark Salsman (***½)

The Brothers K, David James Duncan (*****) {In the top five of my favorite books of all time}

Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides (****½)

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou (***)

The Inheritance of Loss, Kiran Desai (***)

A New Kind of Christian, Brian McLaren (***)

The Hour I First Believed, Wally Lamb (*****) {In the top five of my favorite books of all time}

What is the What, Dave Eggers; in progress

0 comments: