CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I think we are at day 17...


I have very little to report on day 17 of unemployment.  It rained most of the day and the truth is I laid on the couch reading in my pajamas until about 2pm.  I then showered and forced myself to leave my apartment – very stir crazy – close to 4pm.  I braved the pouring rain and went to Lucky Baldwin’s in Sierra Madre.  I brought the book I read most of the day – What is the What by Dave Eggers.  I would really like Dave Egger’s life but don’t know where to send my résumé’. 

 I had really hoped to take picture of the blue lights on Green Street however, the rain, cold and my general malaise prevented me.  Perhaps next week.  My friend Brian the plumber was at Lucky’s.  He wants me to get a plot in the Sierra Madre community garden so I can grow lettuce and tomatoes like he and his wife do. I am thinking about it.  He also alluded to hooking me up with Marijuana but the truth is I have never smoked pot and was close to being offended at his misunderstanding.   Also, one of the hair stylists at the salon in town bought me a drink and wants to burn his entire music collection provided I buy an external hard drive.  Again, I am thinking about this option.

I came home made quiche, macaroni & cheese with bacon and rice krispie treats.    I got some very discouraging news vis-a-via the status bar of facebook that makes me want to sleep for a week.  I should have known this day was coming. 

1 comments:

Catherine said...

What did you find out? Now I'm all worried about you.