CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

day 39 -- interruptions


I had a plan today – as I have on many other of these unemployment days – to devote a concerted amount of time and energy working on finding a job.  As I am feeling a bit stir-crazy, I got dressed and ready for the day deciding to job hunt from the comfort of one of my favorite coffee shops; killing two birds with one stone and as I am perhaps the most extraverted person on the earth, I was really looking forward to the people time.  Before you get to proud of me, I must confess at 2pm I still had not stepped out the door but in my defense I had spent the morning working out, listening to a Mars Hill Podcast, sending some personal emails, journaling and last but not least straightening my hair. 

But at approximately 2:01 I got a call from a friend who was having car trouble.  Could I pick her up at her mechanic’s in a little bit, she asked.  Of course, if I were her I would call me too because after all the fact of the matter is that I am not working and have LOADS of free time on my hands.  And she is probably one of my closest/dearest friends in the whole world who I would give a kidney to but she in effect hijacked my day.  Also, her car trouble set me back yet another day in the job search.  

1 comments:

Cafe Observer said...

So much 4 de best laid out plans.

It may be hard to get started, to get out the door, bcuz we work so much that when we don't have work our body intuitively is trying to tell us to use the time 2 kick back and get some needed R & R.