CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

day 58 -- yipee!!!!!!


So yes, we have an official end date to my unemployment: February 8th as I start my new job on February 9th.  I have accepted a position coordinating, developing and launching a mentoring and after-school program.  The job will require much initiative and independence which I think is a good fit for me.  As well, my previous experience directing an after-school program will come in handy as I am basically building a new program from scratch.  I believe I will continue blogging but have to perhaps rename my blog. 

The good news is that the remaining days will be much more fun as it suddenly feels like a weight has been lifted and I don’t have to be so cautious about how I choose to spend them.  Yippee! 

8 comments:

Cafe Pasadena said...

New name 4 de old blog? How's this: Non-Unemployed in Pasadena. Now you can blog bout the new job experiences.

I hope the new job doesn't require much time driving.

J, we should get a handful of our friends to toast you off to your new adventure. Congrats! Now, you can party like it's pre-econ crisis!

Ryan said...

congrats!

Amanda Mae said...

YAY!!!! Congrats Jen!!

PS.. I keep hoping I will run into you in our neighborhood!

Dawnie said...

Congratulations!

Kathy H said...

Yay!!! Did you do the official Peanuts dance and flip your hair back and forth?

Congratulations!!!

pasadenapio said...

"Employed in Pasadena"!

Margaret said...

Congratulations. Your new job sounds challenging and meaningful. I hope you enjoy it. I'm not sure if you remember me, but we met at the Blogger's breakfast. I read about your good news in Mike's blog and just wanted to pass along my good wishes.

Petrea Burchard said...

CONGRATULATIONS.