CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Job Hunting – Day 37



Today was the first day in a few weeks (all year – sorry I can’t resist that terrible joke the entire first week of January) I have devoted any significant attention to job hunting. Strange, as I am unemployed I haven’t approached this whole predicament with more urgency but the truth is I have really been enjoying not working.  And in my defense, I have, rightly I think, surmised the types of agencies I am interested in working at would not do much hiring or activities related there in around the holidays.  To prove my point, on December 14th when I turned in an application at Pasadena Unified School District, they informed me their offices would be closed until January 5th.

But today, I flexed my job hunting skills and have a few updates.  Tomorrow, I have a meeting with a friend from grad school who knows everyone there is to know in the community development world in LA and I admire greatly.  I am hopeful he might be able to point me in the right direction as its not what you know but who you know.    I also have a pending fourth interview that hopefully will be sometime either this week or early next week – trying very hard to not put all of my eggs in that basket even though I think the job would be a great fit (every day it feels more so).  I contacted two other friends regarding openings with potential and am waiting to hear back. 

Meanwhile, I am very happy to report that the Daily Show is back.  I love John Stewart and look forward to the day when I am a guest on his show.  Perhaps by 2010?  Just enough of a window to become an accomplished writer (or celebrity of any genre really) accruing enough notoriety to warrant an invitation to be a guest on the Daily Show.  Note: I will have to do something related to politics and or current events.  

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Glad you are enjoying your time between jobs. You'll be working soon and wishing you had some time for yourself. I look forward to seeing you on the daily show.

pasadenapio said...

It's good to have a goal! Thanks for continually sharing your journey with us.

Erin G. said...

I like that you changed the color of your main blog to maroon. Easier to read.

Loving the blog!

(I'm a friend of Catherine)