CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

day 60 -- ode to the yellow owl shirt

My favorite shirt is yellow with brown and turquoise owls all over it.  I don’t think I am very well suited to wear yellow but still I don it with much love – seasonally as it is long sleeved thermal material (is there a more appropriate term for thermal material? I am too lazy to look it up).  I also wear it to every USC game and the owls have only seen the Trojans lose once (Stanford, 2007).  Yesterday, I was especially happy when a sixth grader complimented my beloved owl shirt. 

I used to have khaki pants with embroidered green turtles all over them, I unfortunately out grew them (or perhaps they shrunk?) but I regret very much I was never able to wear them together as I believe the owls and the turtles would have been friends.  

2 comments:

Cafe Pasadena said...

Please don't lose that shirt! We don't wanna lose.

Anonymous said...

I owned that shirt back in 72. It came with a matching skirt. I was horrified when the boys pointed out that they could see my lady bug printed underwear through the bright yellow weave.